Tuesday, October 19, 2010

B is for Bats!

Weekly wrap up (again)




I decided to break this week's learning up in two sections (so the post was not super long). Here are some of the things we did when we learned about bats.





We painted our hand prints and made bats.

We did a number clip activity that I whipped up using "bat" pegs.

After reading a bat fact book, Channing did some counting play dough mats based on things bats eat. You can't see it very well, but Channing placed the bats in size order and hung them upside down on a stick with pegs. We made patterns with bats using bats I got from the dollar section at Target.
Channing had a pile of numbers which he used to draw from. He turned over one and had to place the correct number of bats on the tree.
We made a bat snack (see my post from a few days ago to see how you can make them too.)


We read a book that my kindergarten class had made a few years ago.


Look for another post soon about the cute bat finger puppets we made.

I am linking to ABC and 123 here.

5 comments:

Kara said...

I love all your bat ideas! So fun!

Sippy Cup Central said...

I just linked you...love these ideas. Thanks, Karen
Sippy Cup Central Mom

phasejumper said...

LOVE the bat snack and all the links! Great theme!

Brandi said...

Those are so cute! I can't wait to see the bat finger puppets!

Mrs. Whary said...

Hi Brandi,
Thanks for checking out my blog! You can find the bat puppets under "batty rhymes".