I’ve been waiting and waiting and it’s FINALLY here……..FALL!!!!! I think I’ve mentioned before that fall is my absolute favorite season. I love everything about it….the colored leaves, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin spice cake, pumpkin picking, apples, scarecrows……….EVERYTHING!!!! I have to also admit that I’m loving the slightly cooler weather right now :-)
To start off the season, I made some pumpkin spice playdough…. one word YUM!!!!! (The smell that is – I’m sure it’s safe to eat but it would be a little salty). It smells DELICIOUS and even LOOKS like fall!
Here’s how you can make it:
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Salt
4 tsp. Cream of Tarter
3tsp (heaped) of pumpkin pie spice
2 Cups Water
A few squirts of orange food coloring
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a saucepan (no heat yet).
2. Make a well in the middle and add the water, oil and food coloring.
3. Mix well then turn on the heat to medium.
4. Stir continuously until too thick to stir anymore (your arms will feel like they are about to drop off).
5. Dump out onto the counter (it’ll be HOT) and knead.
6. Play :-)