Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Our Christmas Book List

This year we are doing the ABC’s Of Christmas so I tried to incorporate books that would fit in with each letter. I had trouble with a few so I added our favorite books on those days. Here are the books that you will see cropping up on my blog over the next month :-)

Some of these books may be out of print as I’ve had them for a while but I’ll link the best I can.

Books for 2011

 

A – Alabaster’s Song

B – There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell

C- The Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher

D – Drummer Boy

E – The Happy Elf

F- Once There Was A Christmas Tree

G – Gingerbread Mouse

      The Gingerbread Pirates (a favorite from last year).

H – Humphrey’s First Christmas

I – Snowmen at Christmas (I’m thinking icicle….)

J – Tiny Baby Jesus

K – The King’s Christmas List

L – The Light of Christmas

M – Mortimer’s Christmas Manger

N – The Nutcracker

O – Olivia Helps With Christmas

P – The Jolly Christmas Postman

Q – A Magical Christmas

R – Olive, the Other Reindeer

S – Song of The Stars

      Oh, What a Christmas!

T – Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree

U – Merry Christmas Curious George

V- Angel Pig and the Hidden Christmas

W – Willy and  May

X – The legend of the Poinsettia (for xmas around the world)

Y – The Legend of the Christmas Kiss

Z – The Christmas Lizard

 

others we’ll be doing for a special day (if we have time):

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

The Polar Express

 

Some Aussie Favorites:

An Aussie Night Before Christmas

An Aussie Day Before Christmas (I had trouble finding a link)

Wombat Divine

The Golden Kangaroo

A Bellbird in a Flame Tree

Santa’s Aussie Mix up

 

If you are looking to get a new book for Christmas this year, my favorite book of all time is “The Christmas Lizard” (see list above)…….Amazon only sells used copies now but it id well worth it! I so wish I had have bought 2 copies as mine is getting a little worn but the illustrations are BEAUTIFUL and the story is WONDERFUL and kind of ties Christmas all together by explaining the true meaning. We always save this one for Christmas eve :-)

I’d LOVE t hear what your favorites are! Leave a comment or link to your list in the comments below – I look forward to checking them out!

Check out some other GREAT books at TBA – click on the link below!

Christmas Week

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great list! You have several on your list that I have never read. I will have to check into them :-)

Miller Moments said...

Great list! Are any of these about the wise men? I'm looking for a children's book about the 3 kings.

Mrs. Whary said...

"Humphrey's Frist Christmas" is about the camel of one of the wise men.....he carries the gifts for them to Baby Jesus. There is a book called "The Fourth King" but I haven't read it and don't really know what it's about....hope that helps a little.

Barbara said...

My two faves are Great Joy by Kate DiCamillo and My Penguin Osbert by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel. Check them out; I think you'll like them. Thanks for your amazing list!

Barbara

Tamara L. Chilver said...

What a wonderful idea to do! You are sooo creative!

Kinder Kiddo said...

Super list!! Olive is my favorite, with Olivia as a close second. Our Christmas is Grinch themed this year, but I love the ABC theme. =)

Matt and Brynn Hodder said...

Love the list you created. We're collection the Aussie classics which are really fun and a great keepsake to take back next year. Just saw Jolly Christmas Postman with a great way to incorporate letter writing and fun. We also like the Aussie Brucie Saves Christmas (kangaroo "rudolph" like figure.

C said...

I absolutely LOVE Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree and remember it from my childhood. I was thrilled to find a copy of it on sale at Barnes & Noble years ago (I believe it is out of print now?). My kids love it as much as I did. What a fun idea, alphabetizing all the holiday books.

Anonymous said...

Just found your site!!! I love all of your stuff!!! I teach Kindergarten and the ten frame things are great and so beautiful!!!! Thank you for blessing us!!!