Sunday, November 27, 2011

North Pole Breakfast

IMG_5416

Last year we did “The Elf On The Shelf” and it was a MASSIVE hit with our 2 little guys. This year, I snagged this (much cuter) elf at Hobby Lobby for only a few dollars and thought I was set to go…………THEN I saw the “North Pole Breakfast”  idea on Pinterest and knew it was a tradition that I wanted to start with our family too. I decided that our breakfast would be today (first Sunday after Thanksgiving) and here’s what it looked like:

IMG_5409

The cute plates came from Hobby Lobby during their 50% off Christmas sale last week (not sure if it’s still going on) and the adorable little elf cups came from Wal-Mart for only $1.

IMG_5411

“Trix” (our elf) left us a hat, socks and PEZ….all from the dollar section of Target.

IMG_5413

The menu…….

IMG_5414

The letter to Santa that “Trix” asked us to fill out so he can take it to Santa tonight.

IMG_5415

Santa left a note for the boys reminding them why we celebrate Christmas and the “rules” of Trix being in our house (like not touching him).

IMG_5418

It’s a little hard to find “treats” that Sully can eat with his peanut allergy but I did find some white Cotton Candy and called it “Snow Clouds”.

IMG_5421

IMG_5428

Here’s a quick picture of the boys……I (unfortunately) didn’t get too many as I was busy dishing out and cutting up the food :-)

 

IMG_5430

We were too full at breakfast to have our “snowman soup” so we had it after lunch instead.

 

All in all, it was a HUGE success and I hope the start of a great tradition! I made the printables using clip art from  KPMDoodles and Miss Tina. Unfortunately I can’t share the files with you due to the copyright on some of the graphics BUT if you head over to “Me & Marie”, Ashley Has some WONDERFUL printables that you can use (for free!).

Come back tomorrow for a post about another tradition we are about to start!

6 comments:

Miller Moments said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!!

Tara said...

Soooooo cute! Oh if only my babies were babies still (15 and 18). That looked like too much fun!!

4th Grade Frolics

Jaimee @ Havenwood House of Boys said...

This is precious!! I'm going to share this on my crafty facebook page. Love it!
: )
Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You are amazing, Shell! Love it! xx Donlata

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

You are awesome!! I may be trying this!! :)

Ashley said...

Thanks for mentioning me & my free printables!

Ashley