Saturday, December 11, 2010
I was so excited tonight to find out that Leann over at Montessori Tidbits had given "The versatile blogger" award to little old me!! To be quite honest, it's my first award and I had no idea even how to get it on my blog - lucky Leann is so lovely that she helped me out with that too!
1. Thank the person who gave you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 10 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason! (in no particular order…)
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
Here are 7 things about myself...........
1. I met my wonderful husband as a result of my brother meeting his wife on a mission trip in INDIA (my husband was a friend of my sister-in-law).
2. I collect picture books - I pretty much can't go near a bookstore without walking away with at least 1 (or more!).
3. I LOVE teaching - I knew I wanted to be a teacher even when I was a little girl.......it is definitely something God has called me to do! I am passionate about teaching kids to LOVE to learn. I am thankful that I can be at home (while working full time) and do fun learning things with my two little guys.
4. I have always wanted 6 kids!
5. My husband and I currently live/work as "houseparents" at a residential school for disadvantaged kids - This entails being like "parents" to 12 middle school boys. I can't really describe the job because it is so "different"......we pray that we are making a difference in the lives of the boys that live with us!
6. I LOVE to bake - around our house, I am known as the "queen of desserts".
7. "Incidents" seem to follow me - my favorite happened on our honeymoon. We were in Hawaii, and were woken up at about 2AM by a pager going off to discover that a big Hawaiian man was asleep on the couch in the living room of our condo! As it turned out (after the police arrived), he was the head of maintenance at the hotel and had thought that our apartment was empty :-) My first words when I found out he was in our apartment sleeping was "I can't wait to email this to my friends, they will NEVER believe this!"
And now I get to pass the award on to 10 fabulous bloggers:
1. Stay and Play
3. The Gang's All Here!
4. Krazy for Kindergarten
5. Homeschool Creations
6. Sippy Cup Central
7. Our Worldwide Classroom
8. Little Hands, Big Work
9. Miller Moments
10. Delightful Learning
Posted by Mrs. Whary at 9:08 PM