Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas: B is for Bell

 

B is for Bell Pic

 

Today we read “There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Bell”. My boys LOVE these silly stories :-) Below is the craft we did for “ B is for Bell”.

 

IMG_5453

 

IMG_5450

We used some little craft bells with this counting mat. Put the green number and word in the green box, put the matching tally marks in the red box, put the correct number of bells in the yellow box and then use craft bells to make the correct amount in the 10 frame. I have included the numbers 1-20…….HOWEVER, I couldn’t fit  two to frames on the mat so I made an extra frame that you can stick it at the bottom of the mat. You can click on the picture below to get your (free) copy.

B is for Bell Counting

 

IMG_5447

 

The number cards also came in handy for threading bells onto pipe cleaners!

IMG_5440

 

IMG_5443

We also did a color/word match, some silver and gold bell sorting and we made a “Jingle Bell Pattern” book. If you’d like a (free) copy, click the picture below.

Bell Activities

IMG_5449

We also took a big jingle bell (I think I got it from Dollar Tree last year) and played a game of “Who Has The Bell?”. It would work MUCH better in a classroom but my guys loved it all the same. The four of us sat in a circle (I didn’t really play though as I was “helping”) and everyone put their hands behind their back and had their eyes closed. I carefully put the bell in someone’s hands and said “Jingle bell, jingle bell,,,,where is it? Can you tell?”….the person with the bell then jingled it and a select person had to guess who had it. Like I said, my boys LOVED it but it would work MUCH better with a bigger group of kiddos :-)

Bell - Old lady pic

Last but not least, I made up this quick emergent reader adapted from the book we read today. It includes everything that the old lady ate in the book and my guys thought it was a crack up – there’s also a “puppet” of the old lady “eating” for you to make and glue on the end of a popsicle stick. You can click on the picture above to get your (free) copy.

The clip art I used to make the printables comes from:

Djinkers

KPMdoodles

Scrappin Doodles

4 comments:

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

These look awesome. I can't wait to use them with my Kinders. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Wow! Love these! Thank you so much for sharing these amazing printables! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Anonymous said...

Love the counting mat. The lady who swallowed xmas would make a great counting book also if you did one bell, two reindeer etc...

Mrs. Whary said...

Great idea, Annonymous - I have one similar coming up in my e is for elf post....look out for it :-)