Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey hat



We needed something to keep us busy....so I whipped up these little turkey hat/headbands for the boys.

Here's how:
Cut some brown construction paper into strips.
Staple two pieces together and then measure your child's head. Staple the other side in place.

Add a face, beak and wattle and google eyes to the front and some colored "feathers" to the back.
Poor Sully is getting over Roseola (he has the rash part) and was not too thrilled with the hat.........Hopefully he'll give it another try at our feast tomorrow - Happy Thanksgiving everyone :-) Hope you enjoy the day with treasured people that you love !
I have MANY, MANY things to be Thankful for!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Cute!

Barbara said...

So my kinders make these hats and sing the Rap kind of song every year...
Here it is....

Turkey Rap Song
I am just a turkey and I’m taken care,
Weather’s turning cooler and Fall’s in the air.
I’m hiding right behind this stack of hay,
Cause it’s getting closer to Thanksgiving Day.
Oh gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble SQUAWK!
Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble SQUAWK!

Now I’m not a chicken for goodness sake,
But they won’t put me in that oven to bake!
‘Cause I’m so smart do you agree?
I’ll stay right here until I’m FREE!
Oh gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble SQUAWK!
Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble SQUAWK!

Here comes the Farmer…. OH NO, OH DEAR!!!
I think I’ll shout ….. “I’ll be fatter next year!!!”
The farmer will stop … He’ll nod his head…
And I’ll stay right here …. Alive and very well feed!!!!
(Start out loud and get softer and softer until the last Squawk they shout it out)
Oh gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble SQUAWK!
Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble SQUAWK!
Oh gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble !! SQUAWK!

Enjoy and Happy THanksgiving!!
B.

Mrs. Whary said...

Oh Barbara,
Thanks so much for sharing this with me - i LOVE it!!!!!!! Do you mind if I add it to the poem page (I'd write that it ame from you)? It's AWESOME :-)
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

phasejumper said...

Super cute hats! Sorry to hear about the Roseola fever...my oldest had that when he was little. Hate the viruses, because there is nothing but you can do but wait for it to pass!

Barbara said...

I would be honored to pass it along as you are adding so much fun to my classroom:)
Fondly, B.