Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A fall treat!

Pumpkin soup

One of my favorite things about Australia is the winter pumpkin soup! It is served with warm crusty bread at many a cafe. My mum makes a great one and while I cannot get mine to taste exactly like hers, here's my recipe (please note that it is addicting and you WILL crave it!)

1 large Japanese pumpkin (or butternut squash if you can't find it)

4 Large potatoes

4 large carrots

I large onion

1 large can chicken broth

1 cup heavy whipping cream

2 tsp curry powder (or more if you like it)

salt/pepper

1tsp sour cream and cut chives for each bowl



1. Cut up and cook pumpkin, potatoes, carrots and onion in chicken broth. Simmer for about 40 mins.

2. Puree and then stir in cream (DO NOT BOIL CREAM).

3. Stir in curry powder to taste.

4. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chives.



I also usually make some fresh bread to go along with it.........delicious!

Stay tuned tomorrow for a Thanksgiving game called "Table of Thanks" - it will fast become a favorite :-)

1 comments:

phasejumper said...

Got your comment on my blog. To make a table, I go to the posting tab in blogger. At the top of that it shows three tabs-new post, edit post and edit pages. Click edit pages and it will give you a tab to make a new page. You make links in the tab just like you would in a post. Hope that helps!